RE: more neat software GOOD STUFF

From: owner-photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu
On Behalf Of Karl
Shah-Jenner

SGBNR

Selective Gaussian Blur Noise Reduction from
http://www.pleiades-astrophoto.com/software/en.html will be a program that
many
photographers will want to take advantage of, especially given that it's
free. It is a
small application using an algorithm written by Juan Conejero and Maribel
Carracedo
designed to remove backround noise in astrophotography - check the web site
for more
specifications on how it works but let me tell you from my initial fiddling,
I'm more than
impressed!

It's not a fast program, but then it's doing some serious number crunching
in achieving
it's goal - and the goal it achieves is a good one.  When they say it's
selective they
mean it.  I don't think I'll ever be using PS for this task again :-)

karl

hey guys i will be seconding karl's remark..it is wonderfull, and makes the smart blur function seem so crude

i had a bad experience with some rolls of HP5+ wound up from a 100 ft roll, pushed +2 stops, a bit overdeveloped, and giving a grain that for the first time i encounter....
i had downloaded the app a few days ago, and installed it just to see what it is.

so i desperately gave the frames their treat of SGBNR , and bingo!
at 2x the print size, nothing is seen.....made the surfaces so smooth...

this program is somewhat fast, efficient, really selctive, and not hard to learn & use....
a must have, in case....

Use custom emotions -- try MSN Messenger 6.0! http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_emoticon