Re: do newpaper phojos carry lights

mikeking@cableone.net writes:

<< Not sure how long ago you worked for a newspaper or how long ago the
comment
 was made about not using flash, but in the world of full color front pages
 and (relatively) low sensitivity digital cameras I'll bet the use of flash
 is again on the rise.  I was speaking from personal experience of course and
 not quoted second or third party authority.

I am apprenticing with the newspaper (Dallas Morning News) right now. So the
info. is new. Also, it is first hand experience because I actually work with
the staffers. Also, Kevin Gilbert spoke to me personally about not using flash,
and he is a digital guru. He is the one that was chief White House
photographer, and now he is the official still photographer for the Discovery channel as
well as a very popular freelance photojournalist. He also owns Blue Pixel.

Leslie Spurlock
Leslie Scott Photography and Tours
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com/phototours.htm