Telling Stories With Photographs

Don't think my post made it to the list, so here it is again:

Regarding telling stories with photographic images, I've produced an "imagenovel" trilogy entitled Vittoria's Island. I thought I was the first to conceive of the genre, but I learned when I completed Book I that an American chap by the name of Wright Morris beat me to it in the 1940s. He called them "photo-texts," which were a combination of words and pictures in several unique works of fiction. In ?The Inhabitants? (1946), ?The Home Place? (1948), and ?God's Country and My People?, (1968) "picture and word cohabitate in a manner of mutual and complex exchange."

I learned of this from a photo historian right here on Photoforum!

Vittoria's Island, Book I
http://www.palcewski.com/VI

Vittoria's Island, Book II
http://www.palcewski.com/VII

Who Do You Think You Are?
Photographically Illustrated Short Fiction
http://www.palcewski.com/stories

Media Coverage of the Palcewski - Maria - Sophia Loren Connection http://www.palcewski.com/SL

More Media Coverage
http://www.livejournal.com/users/forioscribe

About John Palcewski & Imagenovel Concept
http://www.palcewski.com/JP

Photographs of Maria
http://www.palcewski.com/M

In her authorized biography, Sophia acknowledges pregnancy
during 1963 Filming of ?Ieri, oggi, e domani?
http://www.palcewski.com/SLB