Re: possibly longer than Emily's post! :

Short answer to Emily's long post...there is a big difference between working for an employer (be it a big co. like Sears or a small publication) and running your own business. A business that may easily take you out of a small world and into a big one. There your pricing, and other approaches to business, will surely affect other photogs. Lastly, of course you cannot do what Emily suggested for every job, frankly its just not possible in certain kinds of markets. But you have to come as close as possible both for your own sense of ethics and worth and for the greater field. Hope you get the job and move up and on.
Norman

Angi Turnpaugh wrote:

Thank You Luis!
While Emily's knowledge and advice are well taken, they are not very practical in my case at least. Let me explain...the local newspaper has an opening (which I learned about from my neighbor who had just left the job) I have taken portraits of the editors daughter at my part time job (Sears Portrait Studio)...