Gallery Review for July 26, 2003

Richard Cooper
Matthew Brady
Great portrait shot. Would like to know more details. Is this man a
photographer or an assistant? Amish or just likes beards? Is he famous
that we should know him? Is he a friend, relation, or other? Your photo
quality is sharp and bright. Even though there is a shadow on the
subject's face, I do not find it distracting. Well balanced in the
subject's placement. I like this one as a portrait.

Greg Fraser
Rain on  Buckshot Lake
I am a truly a "cloudy day depressive" person so shooting rain would only
make me suicidal! Had the sun been shining, though, I would have enjoyed
this image more as boats and water are some of my favorite things. I
really like how the boat and the buoy (?) balance each other so there is
not a bunch of empty water on the right. Would like to see more of the
sky, but only if the clouds were gone.

Dan Mitchell
A Coil of Wire
Very little light contrast, must have been a cloudy day here, too. As a
composition, though, I find it very pleasing. Can't say why except I like
old barns and buildings that look like barns. Even though the subject is
surrounded by aged things, the greenery on the right adds a life as
though the coil is still usable in some sort of capacity. I do like the
contrast in colors and textures between the roof and the old slats that
make up the side of the building. A nice work of art.

Speaking of art, my property scape-ing is almost complete for this
summer, so I'll have more time now to contribute. Though the pictures
were few this week, I like them each for their own special reasons. Well
done Richard, Greg and Dan!

Shyrell Melara Photography
http://yadtel.net/~jmelara/index.html