4 July (off topic)

I believe today, 4 July, is the American Independence day when the American
colonies declared their independence from Britain.  We have had some TV
programs about the history of the American war of independence.

The declaration by Jefferson does sound similar to the declaration by the
Paris Commune during the French revolution and the Declaration by the
Communists at the revolution in Russia at the turn of the century.

I wish we could have a similar one here, we have had Magna Charter but that
was not intended in the same way, it only applied to the Barons not
Commoners.

We still live in a Monarchy, and it shows!  We had the Commonwealth at the
time of Oliver Cromwell, which had a similar Bill of Rights.

Basically we are still ruled by the Norman (French) aristocracy who invaded
and conquered us in 1066.

I hope we Join a future United States of Europe and abandon the old ways.

Best wishes to the United States of America!

Chris
http://www.chrisscrazyideas.co.uk
http://www.chrissgallery.co.uk