Re: Forum content vs. stated purpose

I am a photographer and educator with a good
> >bit of experience (20+ yrs) who was hoping to find a forum to discuss
> >technical and conceptual matters at a reasonably intelligent level.
> >Instead I've found, with a few very notable exceptions, messages
> >containing gossip, mindless responses to honest if simple questions,
> >misleading tech advice (understandable on any list), utterly off-topic
> >postings, and so on. [note the content of the last few days]
> >
> >I am hoping this is not a reflection of what are clearly some very
> >professional and well intentioned posters but perhaps more an odd
> >conflation of people and interests over the past months.
> >I am not trying to insult anyone here so please don't take offense - but
> >am looking for a forum that is for "photo-imaging education and
> >professional practice".

Is there anything you'd like to share, any research you've done that reveals
something new or might contribute to the greater knowledge of photographers?

Is there something you'd like to know?

Feel free to post accordingly if that's the case.  Some of here have struck
up friendships which keeps us chattering away like monkeys in the quieter
times when there isn't anything more solid to get our teeth into, and it
also helps stave off some of the more vicious brawls that have occured in
the past..