Re:Fuji's Crystal Archive paper

Karl - I readily admit I haven't been around long enough to discuss the "old" papers - but I was curious about your comment so I just thought I'd throw something out there: Could it be that the FB's faded because of improper processing? Eg - the extremely long fixng and washing times needed to really cease development of the print and prevent fading - could they have been "abbreviated" to save time and effort? I don't know if you were the one that did the printing, in which case you'd certainly know - I just have become highly dubious of lab work after working in that business and seeing how they all like to "cut corners" a little bit... "Ah, you know...what is five minutes less in the fix really going to do...they won't know the difference...." (I'd like to note I never did that, but I also hadn't been a tech for 30 years who was tired of their job...) And re the Agfa - I frequently seem to hear about "good" weird things that Agfa products do... Maybe they're better manufacturers than even they realize...
~Rob

PS - I'd like to get in on that "time machine" gig if it's at all possible...there's this little company called "Microsoft" I'd like to go back and buy some stock in - then I could buy a digital back or ten.