Re: Fuji's Crystal Archive paper

Ken K <kenkagawa@hotmail.com> writes:

> An old (poor )retired art collector friend bought a black and white
> photograph about 2 yrs ago.I saw it on his wall recently and noticed
> the edges fading .It was obviously a digital print.I didnt have the
> heart to mention what was happening.He wont be around too much
> longer, so why spoil it.
> IMHO ,Black and white art photography should be archival.PERIOD!
> But at the very least ,please dont sell ink jet prints to collectors
> who assume they are going to last  more than a lifetime, with out some
> notification of their impermanence.
> Color or black and white  art prints from digital should be printed by
> Light Jet on Fuji Crystal Archive.

My B&W inkjet prints should last longer than Crystal Archive, and may
even last as long as silver gelatine prints.  I wouldn't, of course,
represent them as being anything other than what they are, that's
clearly wrong.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, <dd-b@dd-b.net>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
RKBA: <noguns-nomoney.com>