Re: Cropping

In a message dated 6/21/03 12:32:00 PM, rebphoto@pronetisp.net writes:

I want the
what I leave in the file to be an exact 8x10.

Now I can use the marquee tool to crop
and then go over to image size and see if
I cropped it to the right scale.

Russ,

Are you using the Marquee tool or the Crop tool to do the job?  The Marquee tool is only for selecting an area, not for cropping.

I don't know specifically how the crop tool works in PS5.5 as I jumped from PS4 to PS7, but in both versions I have a way to specify crop dimensions with the Crop tool.  In PS7 the dimensions and resolution can be set in the toolbar.  In PS4 dimensions were set in a separate window--see under "Window" in your toolbar or double clicking (or is it click and hold?) on the Crop icon should bring up the right window.

Once you have made your crop you should be able to Save or Save As in the usual manner.

Cheers,

Rich Mason
http://richmason.com
Rich on the Road is active!