Re: Gallery Comments on Perspective.

Bob Talbot wrote:
> Thomas Dall <tdall@eso.org>
>
> Bob Talbot - Perspective
> Fun exercise, and the kind of thing that would get you into any photo
> salon a couple of years ago. (and maybe still some...). Other than the
> visual fun, it's hardly an interesting image.
>
> Thomas ... looked at from the viewpoint that every image must be
> pictorial then of course you are right.  If I had any wish whatsoever
> to enter any salon - ever - I would not use this shot!!!!!!!

Bob, I was not trying to be sarcastic. I have seen many similar images
entering photo salons, even winning prizes, but it still does not appeal
to me and that's of course partly the reason for my rejection of your
image. I think it's a fun excercise, but I also think I, when reviewing,
should try to point out what - and possibly why - things don't work for
me. That's the way to learn, at least for me.

> To me though the PF gallery is about exploring and trying things as
> well as showing your best.

I agree. If we all just showed our best we would not learn so much, not
get so many new ideas etc.

> I promise my next shot using this technique will be better ;o)

I'm sure it will be. Looking forward to that ;-)

Cheers,
Thomas