I did carry my camera in my coat whenever possible and carried spare battery and cards in a warm interior pocket, but no problems. If anything, my hands become numb and inoperable before the camera stopped working. (I am from Atlanta....where the white stuff and cold rarely affect my photography.)

Belinda Peters
www.belindapeters.com

On Thursday, June 5, 2003, at 11:18 PM, List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students wrote:

Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 13:15:32 -0400
From: Gregory Fraser <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
Subject: Is that what they mean by Digital Ice?
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>

Surely out of all the digital camera users on this list someone has experience with shooting digital in weather so cold your hands ache after 5 minutes without mittens. I would imagine the batteries would be as susceptible to draining as anything else and I'm wondering how well a microdrive or a memory stick holds up. How about the LCD viewing panels?

Greg Fraser