Re: Lunar eclipse exposure suggestions

> Drats!  The same bank of heavy clouds rolled across Virginia last night.
Guess I'll wait it out until the next one.

We had the same cloud problem in Denver.  I drove 300  miles (one way) into
Utah,  only got the last third of the event, along with many frustrating
lessons in proper exposure and long lens technique.  I used a D100 with
sigma 400 lens.  Was surprised at inability to get detail in both sides of
the eclipse.  Would I better of shooting b&w film to get more dynamic range
in the exposure?
Maybe we'll all get luckier with the weather in November, and hopefully I'll
be more proficient in technique.
Don Wilson