Re: XTOL storage

I just fill and empty the liner several times with warm water, and fill with chemicals. The mylar liner doesn't have any seams or pockets that would hold residual beverages. (Despite what the good Reverend reports, Franzia isn't THAT bad :-D ) I've been storing developers this way for the last few years, and can honestly report that I've been very pleased at the keeping properties of the solutions, esp. XTOL) When I was down to the last few oz. of XTOL in a box that was 10 months old I processed a test roll, just to see...
I found no difference from the first roll "out of the box." Your mileage may vary, but I'm confident in my results.

Jerry Anderson
Cameras on the Prairie

Collette wrote:
This is interesting! Do you replace the liner itself or just thoroughly
clean it? You have not gotten any residual wine mixed in with your
chemicals....photographic chemicals? Just to be very clear....do you
consume the entire 5 liters at one sitting before you mix your chemicals and
stagger into the darkroom? I think I'd like to see your prints before I try
this method! :)