Review (my first)

Chasing Shadows:  Good balance of shadows, sizes, shapes. Had me looking
very close to take in all the elements. Would consider hanging large
version in my living room. Well balanced and pleasing to look at.

Assassin:  Would not have this on my living room wall for obvious
reasons, but if I were needing an illustrator for a book, I would hire
Elson for the project. Subject is glorified by plain background with just
a hint of shadow for depth. Excellent color range and clarity.

mmmm mmmm good:  DITTO! (means I agree!) My kind of picture!

Shoe Repair:  Not sure if darkened edges were intentional, but detailed
person that I am, I'd be interested to see what lay in the shadows. Maybe
actually watch the person in process of repair. The abundance of yellow
tones make me feel a sadness, as if something were ending and this person
is walking away from it.

Rich Mason:  I always enjoy collage (as in pieced together) photographs.
This one is clearly defined, looks like a reflected window. I like the
way you managed to keep yourself out of the shot, Rich. Something I never
thought of until I saw my own shadow reflected off the bumper of a
classic car I photographed. Well done, Rich.

Mill:  I like the expression of the foreground and fully understand the
purpose of the black sky, but it's disturbing or distracting to me.
Perhaps a very dark gray or deep, deep blue instead. The foreground would
still stand out without the distraction of a fully black sky. Very good
shot!

is that Dog Life?:  Yes it is, Kostas! Excellent depiction! This would
make a good postcard, too!

Ascending:  Not quite sure of the meaning, ascending. Good composition. I
feel there may be a story here, maybe one familiar to the area? I like
the height difference between the poles and the child. Just wondering
what the poles are used for. My analytical mind. Sorry -

David Small:  Over all I like your work. This one also has good
composition. The subject is self explanatory, although a little more
gradation might add some depth.

Busker at Kingston:  BRAVO! I really thought this was an oil painting!
You amaze me once more. Keep it up, Chris!

Indian Dance:  Great portrait! Subject is well lighted. Features and
colors stand out with no annoying shadows. Only one suggestion, maybe
crop off some of the top and left side.

Well done one and all. And no offence to the ones I didn't get, that's
just me. Looking forward to next gallery. Keep up the great work!

Shyrell
Melara Family Photography
http://yadtel.net/~jmelara

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!