Re: Gallery Comments/Impressions 04-05-03

Gregorys,

Thanks for the Gregorian comments. I think G1 may be correct in that
background could have been less focused. I like to shoot at night, and this
picture was shot about an hour and a half after sunset. I have gotten so
used to f/8 or f/11 to compensate for my inability to focus well at night
and long exposures (this was a 15-second exposure) that I didn't even think
about doing static objects any other way. And in order to hide the light
illuminating the house from the camera, the window wound up in the only
place it could be.

I will meekly defend the side of the house that G2 does not care for as
adding dimensionality to the construct, but it is like the window, there was
very little choice without cropping the horse's nose down to the margin,
which I had considered, but rejected. But I do admit that if I could have
placed the horse's nose differently, a straight solid-black silhouette
against a yellow (somewhat out of focus) house would have made a good image.
It would be a different image, but a good one.

Thanks for your constructive suggestions.

peace,

rand