Re: PF members' exhibits 03-29-03

At 9:44 AM -0500 3/29/03, ADavidhazy wrote:
Just want to slip in a brief review before the gallery changes. (Been distracted by procrastinating on the taxes).

Guy Glorieux -

Interesting distortion of the perspective.

Jeff Spirer - Swept Away

Brilliant!

Robin G. Ramos - Chipped

Well, I'm a sucker for these. They're just my visual style in b&w. Just gorgeous!

Rand Flory - The Tree

Yeah. Negative space. It's negativity is exaggerated by the way the tree and hill are moving away from it. I wonder whether the same situation but with the tree on the far left and the hill continuing up would have given some energy to the space. The angle of the tree and rise of the hill robs the space of all life. We read from left to right....

David Small - Foggy dawn in Wayland Mass.

I think I would have pushed the contrast a bit more, not sure about the condenser can right smack in the center.

Dan Mitchell - Reminders

Just about everything about this pic is just great to me. I like the compression, the near elimination of the building. Coulda been a bit sharper but may be the jpegging. Interesting there are no names.....

D.L. Shipman - Madison

Good dof, lotsa hair, lovely pink cheeks, coulda been looking at me.

Doug Seibert - Those Crazy Brits

Hilarious and wonderful in a way. Sorry the air wasn't crisper.

Jim Davis - Heron perched near sunset at the duck pond

Just not quite sharp enough, and that sign really piques my curiosity and takes my attention from the bird. Make it a vertical, crop out the mallard, cut some off the left side, sharpen the head.

Morley Roberts - Mountain Goat

So many mountain goat photographs out there in the world... I guess I would have cropped out a bunch of the rock in the foreground and some more on the left.

Tim Mulholland - Camp Ajo

I'm thinking the point of the photo seems to be the difference in scale between the tent and the hill? But having the tent so far to the right makes it an afterthought to me.

Thanks to all who reveiwed and to Andy and the kids to put this together every week. We are so fortunate that they do all this just for our amusement (and theirs).
--
Emily L. Ferguson
elf@cape.com 508-563-6822