Gallery comments (late...)

So some quick comments. I really liked most of the submissions this
time.
-----------------------------
Gallery comments 29-03-2003

Guy Glorieux -  : I really like this. Composition very good, and the
idea of sitting in the blue chairs listening to the dawn feels good.
Were they really there...? The cloud band in the sky adds to the whole.
Only minus is the clutter behind the left chair.

Jeff Spirer - Swept Away :  Very nice idea! I am a symmetrical kind of
person, so the oblique viewing does irritate me a bit. The broom is well
placed.

Robin G. Ramos - Chipped : Nice design. I would have cropped the lower
half to avoid the blur at the bottom. (or used a tripod...)

Rand Flory - The Tree : Surely appeals to me this one! Don't recall the
def of Negative Space, but this conveys the message: solitude, with a
bit of grandeur and dynamics. The colors and hues work well together
with the black tree. Good image.

David Small - Foggy dawn in Wayland Mass : so this is a "road shot"
then?! I like the mood, but not the straight road leading into the
picture (I hate myself when I do that - just bec I didn't want mud on my
boots...)

Dan Mitchell - Reminders : Nice, but I don't like the far away
distracting background. Maybe if you could have clibed something to have
only stones in the image. The center stone works well as a focal point
though...

Emily L. Ferguson - surftreader : I like this... caught just as the
water touches. Good composition, but a bit heavy at bottom, maybe
cropping a bit would help.

D.L. Shipman - Madison : Cutie just woke up... what a sweet picture! The
colors and hues work well to create a good mood. A family album keeper!

Doug Seibert - Those Crazy Brits : Fun. But disturbances from trees and
shadow of pole (?)  Fun but not much more.

Jim Davis - Heron perched near sunset at the duck pond : Yes, the
background is very nice. Works well with the two birds, nicely
composed... I don't know what it is but I'm a bit bored

Morley Roberts -Mountain Goat  : Same as the previous one... maybe it's
just animal pictures I can't relate to. They don't express anything
beyond their symbolic content ("nature"). Maybe that's the real
challenge of animal photography... and of people photography as well.
Boy, it must be difficult!

Tim Mulholland - Camp Ajo : mountains and blue sky... I have taken loads
of these pictures and most of them I hate and love at the same time.
There is a nice color division here in the line of the rocks, but in the
lower part there is lots of clutter to distract from this nice design:
the partial branch, the tent, maybe even the black shadow at lower
right. Try covering the lower part and see how the image could be
changed.

That's it for now. Please do respond to this - I might not have been
entirely clear.

Cheers,
Thomas