Re: OT/computer?

The computer I'm writing this for can be picked up second hand for 150
dollars now.
OK, its only 500 MHz, only 360 MB of RAM ... but it is FAST.
Oh, only a 17 inch screen ...

Unless you actually *need* the latest and fastest (ie you are running
3D simulations) or unless you need a comprehensive support package,
get a PC that the home-gamers are trading in.  Sugar, if I was in the
states I'd find you one:  work is just trashing 600 of them!

Bob

> The non-profit gallery I'm involved with needs a quick solution for
> acquiring a computer. I understand that from time to time there are
deals
> where-by a computer system can be had for a low monthly lease-to-to
own or
> some-such fee. Other non-profits in our area acquired units for
around $19 a
> month several years ago. I anyone aware of a current plan of this
sort?