Re: why does digital looks better?

To tell you the truth I like the increased amount DOF and the in-camera sharpen of most high end digis, but i simply can not abide buying one of them when i feel i really should be shooting MF for everything. and yeah I know that even the D60 will make acceptable 8x10, 11x16s and even a bit bigger... but i dont want just acceptable and frankly neither should you.

At 08:41 AM 2/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
On 2/12/03 8:19 AM, "Karl Shah-Jenner" <shahjen@iinet.net.au> wrote:

> but I can understand Brians simple analogy, the greater DOF is somewhat
> disturbing

It actually can be an advantage in some areas.  As Brian shoot weddings I'm
surprised he has not realized how this can be used to his advantage.  It's
very helpful to be able to shoot available light at f2.8 - f4 with the
slightly increased DOF (about one stop).  I shoot f4 all the time and having
that little DOF insurance is great for wedding work.  You get the advantage
of the faster shutter speed AND the added DOF.  A great combo in my
opinion...

Lawrence

Lawrence W. Smith Photography
http://www.lwsphoto.com