re: Gallery Reviews

In a message dated 2/12/03 10:02:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, marilyn@rglobal.net writes:

David Small
Protester NYC:   The woman's expression shows determination and deep
thought.   I find the image a little confusing, though.  The woman looks as
if she could be in another country or time.  Is this a current photograph,
David?  Is she protesting wars that may come, or past wars?   Was this taken
after 9/11?  If so, is she protesting 9/11 or America's possible response to
9/11?
Dave Small

Dave
--- Begin Message ---
http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html

My mail box is acting up, so I am forwarding the reviews in sections.

Greg Fraser
Harvested:  I like the strong geometric and high contrast look of this
photograph.  The diagonal corners, rectangle of the chains and half circle
of the wheel all make an interesting  design.

Dan Mitchell
Welney Parish Hall:  Black and white printing is a perfect choice for this
photograph.   The building takes me back to when men held meetings in
smoke-filled rooms and discussed business, sports and other mysterious
things women did not have privy to.  Nice textures and tones in the image
too.

John Palcewski
Audrey Bradford Stubbs:    The photograph and title of your story (The Blind
Barber) make me very curious about your story, John.   I hope you will post
it when it is done.

David Small
Protester NYC:   The woman's expression shows determination and deep
thought.   I find the image a little confusing, though.  The woman looks as
if she could be in another country or time.  Is this a current photograph,
David?  Is she protesting wars that may come, or past wars?   Was this taken
after 9/11?  If so, is she protesting 9/11 or America's possible response to
9/11?

Be back in a moment.

Marilyn

--- End Message ---