Gallery review 2-08-03

Greg Fraser......I find it hard to give my feelings about this photo. It is
too specific to be an abstract, yet there is not enough showing to understand
what it is. There are interesting elements and Ilike the negative space. If
the subject is still available to you somehow I think you should study it
and see what other possibilities pop out. It's not that I don't like it, I
do, but I just think there's more there.

Dan Mitchell..... Purity of line, A no nonesense building, You did justice to
it by using black and white film.  My only quibble would be to possibly crop
out  the utility pole on the right side

John Palcewski... I wonder if it was just a coincidence that they placed our
photos next to each other. It makes it very apparant to me that  if I were
judging the two, yours would be the winner. The angle of her body and the
graffiti letters make it for me.

Robert  G. Ernest...... Normally I would consider this just a bunch of
musical instruments and cases, But What I assume is the stage lighting takes
it out of the mundane. I guess the fire extinguisher is there in case the
music gets too hot.

D.L. Shipman..... A noble bird,well presented.With the dark background the
head pops out yet you managed to define the body with the rim lighting. Nice
and sharp.

Jimmy Harris This is better than fishing, the fish would be gone and
forgotten, this you will enjoy for years to come.  the effect is of a
Rorschach test. Show it to ten people and you'll get eleven different opinion
as to what it represents.I like the composition,and I know from experience
that it is very hard to to photograph frost or ice and have adequate
contrast.

Christiane Roh.....I can't make up my mind whether I prefer this or last
weeks entry. Same place entirely different mood. The scan is a little muddy
but it enhances the mood. What is that lovely clock doing in the water.
Reminds me of a Salvadore Dali.

Robin G. Ramos.... Good record of the festivities. The key firecracker looks
huge Considering excellent depth of  field.

Marilyn Dalrymple....If the other 14 compare to this one, you are a shoo in.
I love the delicacy of the image. I assume it was toned. Although it's not my
kind of photography I would never tire of looking at it. Beautiful!

Jeff spirer.... Strong image Leaves many questions. I assume these are birds
for sale. But for what purpose. Since I am reviewing,that gives me the right
to nit pick. TRy darkening the left side and crop the white space on top. See
how it looks  Good work

Tara Hall .... Tara the only thing I aviod more than sunrises are sunsets.
But the vivid sky saves the day. This i called an AHH.............

Overall a great set of photographs. the beauty of doing a review is that it
forces you to really look at the submissions. Thanks to all
Dave Small