Re: photography+gallery+low+quality

CameraTraveler@aol.com writes:
> In a message dated 1/30/03 10:28:14, chandler@yomogi.or.jp writes:
> << I'm fourth. Hey - can I sue somebody here?? >>
> Yes, should should be much higher on that list. ;-)

Hmm ^_^

> <A HREF="http://www.richmason.com/";>http://richmason.com</A>
> See the new section: Rich on the Road

I found the navigation a bit hard to follow. Then I read the rather
touching story of Sidney. Unfortunately, I have a rather small monitor
at the moment, and with all the frames and stuff, I'm unable to see more
than about 250 pixels height of a picture at a time. Nice photos though.
(I _guess_ that using frames considerably reduces the chances of your
text ending up in a search engine.)

Oh, and pleeease: the bit about "electronic downloading". The so-called
normal process of viewing a website with a browser consists
***PRECISELY*** of electronic downloading. There are as yet no countries
with laws that regulate who or what may write browsing software (thank
goodness - do you want laws restricting who is allowed to own
"professional" lenses), and there are therefore no normative definitions
of what "normal browsing" consists of. In particular, if I want to write
a browser for a KSR33 teletype (such surely exist, somewhere) I am free
to do so, in exactly the same way that I am free to mount my camera on a
tripod. When I do, anyone browsing your site - by the normal process of
"electronic downloading" will necessarily be creating copies of your
images on bits of paper (that's how a KSR33 teletype works). It is
frankly insane to try to claim that you should somehow be able to
regulate how *my* computer operates. Sorry for the rant, but I think
that *creative* people should have a slightly better awareness that
human creativity cannot be restricted by a 14th century misunderstanding
of what information is.

Here's a well-written answer to the nonsense about "no-right-click"
scripts:
http://www.jamesshuggins.com/h/web1/how_do_i_stop_downloading.htm

Brian Chandler
geo://Sano.Japan.Planet_3