Re:Re: Macro & teleconverters

>I have a set of these, but never use them. They don't fit the filter >sizes of my current lens stock. I had also read they add more glass >to the optical path and that's usually not the best thing. I have no >experience in that fact. I see a lot of images with a tc mentioned, and >they look sharp to me.

   Look in John Shaw's book sometime. The better achromatic close-up lenses (Nikon, Canon, Leitz, Minolta) deliver top-notch sharpness. His pictures using them have been published in the top nature mags.

>I also have an extension barrel, a loss of light, but no more glass. I >have experimented with it, but the working distance can be extreme. >I have laid in dirt to get to a tiny flower before.
>The lens I purchased gives me a 1:1 without any accessories and I am >hopeful to get better working distance and not have to add anything >to my light path.

   For a greater working distance, get the doubler.

       --- Luis
Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g