:Re: LENSES

     Explaining terminology is one thing, but the recurring intellectual macho game is so boring. Small wonder newbies do not want to learn it. They see what's happened to those who have. Scary...

 Here is my simple (and wrong) answer to all this, another kind of terminology......

   " It is not the camera that is important but what is inside you."

                                         --- Mario Giacomelli

    "We don't take pictures with our cameras, we take them with our hearts and minds."

                                       --- Arnold Newman

  " I tell stories "   --- Duane Michals

  " Photography has....educated me. It has enabled me to look at so many people and at so many different cultures."
                                     --- Mary Ellen Mark

   "Photography is a wonderful thing, because you look at others living"
                                         --- Erich Hartmann

    "Only a few of my photographs capture being, the essence of a thing."                           --- Ellen Auerbach

    "Photography brings me closer to people. That's what is wonderful"
                                 --- Sabine Weiss

   " I am fascinated by people. It is the human isde of things that draws me"  -- Inge Morath

    " I am trying to understand this world by taking pictures"
                      --- Ted Croner

     " The important thing is what goes on within us. And what we make of it. "          --- Ilse Bing

      --- Luis