RE: PrimeFilm 1800u - opinions

Judging  by what I've read, my own common sense and the fact that it is the cheapest device on the market, my opinion is that its pure, unadulterated, 100%, prime, grade 'A', four star, top of the line crap unless you're looking for that grainy, noise-saturated, low DMAX, fuzzy look I like to call 'art'. If you find the scans aren't artistic enough for you, whack the scanner a couple of times until the banding is more pronounced. And oh man, they do come in cool translucent covers to make it look like its supposed to be part of your Mac system. And the absolute best thing about them is that at any time there are 25 of them for sale on eBay!

Greg Fraser