Re: Have Hassy, Have Questions

Well, to mount (or dismount) a lens on a īBlad, both the lens and the camera body MUST be tensioned. If you can see through the lens (C, FC, FCi, FCE series), it is tensioned, otherwise not. To tension it off the camera, look at the back: below the glass, there is a small key (round, with a slot, similar to a screw head) with a red arrow close to it. Put a coin or something in that slot (careful, donīt slip and scratch the glass!) and turn in the direction of the arrow until the key locks. The slot is now at a right angle to the radius of the lens, and the shutter is open, so you can see right through the lens. To tension the camera body, just turn the crank (you may have to push the release first, and possibly remove the back too.

Now, just align the triangle on the lens back with the red dot on the camera body, put the lens in place and turn until the lens locks in place. If this doesnīt do the trick, something is wrong, and you have to contact a repairman.

To remove the lens, just remember to tension the camera first, and donīt "untension" the lens while off the camera. Then you donīt have to go through the whole procedure again. Hasselblad states itīs OK to store the lens with cocked shutter, so no reason to untension it!

Good luck with your camera! Takes a while to learn, but very reliable once you get the hang of it!

Per