Re: Giclee Prints

--- Marilyn's Mail <marilyn@rglobal.net> wrote:

> Thank you for forwarding the web site address, Richard.  I
> appreciate the
> information.   Have you had any Giclee prints made?  If so,
> which lab did
> you use?
>
> Marilyn> >

Sorry, no. I'm currently printing on Epson C80 and 820. Nothing
bigger than about 6 x 9 image size. I'm looking into it though
for making large prints for collectors.

I've always found the term "giclee" somewhat amusing. After all,
it's a French word that simply means "spray" - exactly what
inkjet printers do. Higher quality to be sure than ordinary
inkjet (the examples I've seen anyway) but I think the use of
that word is primarily intended to obscure the fact that these
are digital prints. And perhaps to lend a tone of mystery and
class. Kind of reminds me of the term "Rembrandt" lighting.

                                                   Richard

=====
Richard Martin specializes in Cityscape
and Waterscape stock photography.