Off Topic

My favorite rescue story at the sanctuary involve these two pets - Grandpaw
(aka Astro) and Shadow.  Grandpaw came to the sanctuary starving and very
sick.

The sanctuary's crew gave him medical attention, love and care and the 9
year old Great Dane has recovered and is  the sanctuary's patriarch.

Shortly after Grandpaw recovered, Shadow was found near the sanctuary.  She,
too, was starving and very frightened.  It took four days of coaxing with
food
and water before she would come out of hiding.

She was placed in the same run as Grandpaw, and as if to thank the santuary
crew for caring for him, he took Shadow into his care and helped nurse her
back to health.  With great care and patience Grandpaw watched over Shadow
and slowly she began to feel comfortable.

Now Shadow is the first to run and greet people when they are near her run.
She is all wiggles, wagging tail and wet kisses.  We won't adopt Shadow and
Grandpaw out unless their new "parents" will take both of them - they are
inseparable.  There is a lovely lady who is interested in the delightful
pair and it looks like the dynamic duo may have a wonderful new home.  Keep
your fingers crossed.

Marilyn

----