Re: Has this been mentioned here?

> isn't it cute how people change terminology and create new terms
which sound
> inoffensive..  a known piece of spyware called a 'web bug' becomes a
> friendly little 'web beacon' so easily.

karl
 I once thought it was only politicians that employed "spin doctors"
but they seem to have infiltrated the computer industry too.
Remember cropping - now known as "focal length multiplication" ;o)

It's easy to understand why ad men and businesses want to force you to
read messages in HTML format - what is less understandable is why
MicroSoft do not provide an option on outlook/OE to read messages as
plain text.

There is an explanation and optional demo at:
http://mackraz.com/trickybit/readreceipt/

I'll let you know if it generates any spam to the email address I gave
it - heck, I didn't use my own ;o)

Bob

PS:  is you can see the following image your computer is immune to all
forms of snoopware