Re: Manuel Alvarez Bravo

There's a good writeup here:

http://www.mexonline.com/oaxaca/oxciv013.htm

It has a nicely equipped darkroom in back where I met a student and spent a
few hours looking at contact sheets and prints (not of Bravo's work, of
others.)  It's small but worth a trip.

The other small museum in Mexico I've visited that may have interesting
photography is the Diego Rivera house in Guanajuato.  The upper floors have
changing exhibits and I saw an excellent show of a Magnum photographer's
work (the name escapes me right now.)  There was also a large Posada
exhibition when I was there, along with Rivera's work.

At 06:22 PM 11/1/2002 -0600, Don Roberts wrote:
>Jeff, can you tell me more about the Bravo Museum in Oaxaca?  We go there
>often and are going to be there for 10 days in February.  This is not an
>attraction that is played up by the local tourist bureau and it should be.
>I would like to visit the museum while we are there.
>
>Don Roberts
>
>Jeff Spirer wrote:
>
> > At 08:10 AM 11/1/2002 -0500, *-CHILLED DELIRIUM-* wrote:
> >
> > >   Thank you for the kind words, JG. I was wondering if anyone had read
> >
> > I read it.  I'm a big Bravo fan.  I also passed by the lifeless Penn
> > exhibit to get to the small Bravo exhibit in Chicago.  There's a Bravo
> > Museum in Oaxaca that is definitely worth visiting.
> >
> > Jeff Spirer
> > Photos: http://www.spirer.com
>
>--
>    Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
>   And the Devil whispered behind the leaves, "It's pretty,
>   but is it Art?".   --  Rudyard Kipling

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com