Re:Re: Art or fart ?

>It was on tv. The elephant paints different pictures, rather abstract >and  people are paying big bucks for the results.

  I saw this too. Found it insipidly semi-cute, and little more. I've also
been to dog fesivals where dogs paint with watercolors placed on
their wiggling tails, and the "pantings" (horrid splotches) look
remarkably like the elephant splotches. I noticed the tv show with
the elephant didn't mention any um....pachyderm-paintings collectors,
the museums that had bought them for their permanent collections,
or galleries carrying the work.
    I suppose next we'll be talking about Crows as found-mltimedia
artists. Yawn.

  -- L.