Re: Assistance request

So, would adding a filter to the front of the lens after focussing
require adjustment as well?

And, in the case of a Lee Gel, which is paper thin, would stopping down
an extra stop take care of the difference?
Everyone I know of focuses with the aperture wide open anyway unless
doing close up work and even then might use use polaroid 55 or a sheet
of tri-x developed in a hot soup to run a quick focus check to see if
they are getting the DOF they need at a given aperture.

If the only degradation from using the filter inside the camera comes
from imprecise focus, I would say that using it inside offers benefits
that far outweigh using it on the outside.
We have always focused with the filters in place (unless we are talking
about a polarizer which are difficult to use when inside the camera).

I am referring to cc filters (mostly kodak) which we would leave on the
camera as long as we are using a specific film emulsion. We have found
problems in using stacks of them, though. if they aren't perfectly flat
to each other, you CAN get reflections bouncing around between them
which can show up on the film as any number of strange apparitions.