Re: Assistance request

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, October 22, 2002 10:21 AM
Subject: Assistance request

> I have a whole whack of 4x5 color film that a friend gave me. I also have a 4x5 camera
with a couple of lenses. Problem is that one of the lenses is shutterless and the other
has a non-reliable shutter. I have plans of building a shutter one day but in the mean
time I've been watching eBay for a neutral density filter to allow me to shoot in daylight
at greater than 1 second exposures. Problem is nobody is selling something I can use.

> So I was wondering if anyone has a slab of neutral density filter at least 65mm in
diameter that they would be willing to sell. If so, please contact me off list.

hooroo Greg - maybe you have a local 'Lee' gel filter distributor nearby, a theatre or
lighting supply place should know.  The stuff is sold cheaply in thin sheet by the meter.
I wouldn't ordinarily recommend using a gel filter for taking pics but if you can mount it
flat and inside the camera instead of outside (to minimise reflections), I shouldn't
imagine you'd see much image degradation on a 4x5

just a thought

karl