RE: Assistance request

Hi Rich,

The rear element of the lens is just about the same diameter as the front element so no matter which side I filter, its gotta be pretty big. The lens is a U.S. Army surplus 254mm made by Elgeet in the 1960s and has a quick release mounting plate. I paid $17 for it on eBay and it came in a custom made, velvet lined, metal case complete with a Tiffen red filter and series 8 lens shade. I was the only bidder. Hah! Admittedly I know very little about lenses but I'd say it was a good deal.

Greg