Re: PF Exhibits on 19-OCT-02

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Talbot" <BobTalbot@st-abbs.fsnet.co.uk>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Saturday, October 19, 2002 11:44 AM
Subject: Re: PF Exhibits on 19-OCT-02

Hi Bob,

Thank you for your comments on "Phoenix Rising."

The shot is a very happy accident.  The flash didn't go off .  This pair -
2/3s of an extremely elusive trio - are certainly unwilling to let me plan a
shot including them.

Portra is a color film, but the light (or lack of light) in the room caused
the brown tone.  The shot is totally out of focus, but I think if it were in
focus the apparition-like quality would be sacrificed.

Many of my favorite shots are "accidents," meaning things hadn't gone as
planned.  This one is definitely a favorite of mine and I'm pleased the
flash didn't go off and that it is unfocused.  The whole feeling of the
photograph would be lost.