Gallery Review Part 2

John Mason
Blue: Delmar Boulevard, St. Louis:  What catches my eye in this photograph is the reflection of the colored stripes on the back of the car.  As is, there is too much information that is pulling my eye away from what
interests me.  I think this would be a great photograph if it were cropped down to the stripes and the reflection on the car.  Is the reflection what caught your  eye, John?

D.L. Shipman:  I like the dark background and the delicacy of the flowers.  There is such intricacy in the velvet-like (fuzzy?)  tip - it looks as if I could feel it.  Was this taken outside, or in a studio?

Jim Snarski
GoldFlower:  Again, I like the dark background and the delicacy of the flower.  There is nice detail in the petals.  The very thin edge of light dancing on the petal's edges is delightful.

Dan Mitchell
Spherical objects:  I like the colors and the repeated circles, too.  A nice photograph - it holds my interest.

Jeff Spirer
Chicago:  This photograph has haunting and mysterious qualities that I like.  Great texture.

Richard Cooper
Faces:  This is a little busy and the face in shadow on the right is distracting.  I'd like to see it cropped about 1/4 of the way in from the right.  Exposure is right on   and it is in focus from front to back.  This photograph tells a story and it's easy to see what is going on.

Thank you to all who shared their work.   It's always interesting to see what subjects attract each  photographer's attention.

Marilyn Dalrymple