Re: New Virus Alert

> i don't know if that was a joke... but i appreciate virus
heads-ups...
> i had one the other week for the first time and it was a pain.

Its not a joke but OTOH there are other sources of information on
viruses.

1) half a dozen emails from informed virus watch services giving
specific information on the seriousness of the threat..
2) specific warning message at work to log-in/log-out for a virus sig
upadate (that does not happen very often - this one must be seen as a
serious threat)
3) dozens and dozens of "uninformed" messages warning of a new virus
... the sort we get week after week on many mailing lists.

All the private warnings are well-meant but none the less not the way
to go.
Everyone connected should consider firewalls/AV services
The private traffic increase is as much part of the symptoms as the
virus payload itself.

Bob