RE: Aperture & Shutter speed of cheap camera

Well Dave lets not forget that the intended photographer will be 5 years old October 8th. When I said she used my camera, I meant I set the aperture, shutter speed and focus for her. Digital camera menus and half a dozen buttons are not her forte. She's an artist, not an engineer. The beauty of the classic polar bear camera is its simplicity. There is nothing to set or more correctly, there is nothing to set wrong. Also I would rather she accidentally smash a $16 camera against playground equipment than a $200 (double US$ to get Canadian$).

Ideally I would like a digital with 2 buttons (on and shutter), auto-off, optical viewfinder (no screen) and an indestructible, pink bakelite body and the name 'Barbie' and a bunch of flowers printed on it. In the interim though I think I'll just shove some 1600 film into the polar bear cam and see what we get.

Thanks, Greg