problem with minolta xtsi

Hi everyone,

While shooting an outdoor wedding today (in bright sunlight), my Minolta
xtsi locked up on me 3 times...everything appeared to be on, but it would
not fire.(Can't wait till I can afford med. format). Luckily I had my trusty
Canon AE1 program with me also.  When I had a few minutes to check on it,
the LED screen looked normal, except "4000" was flashing. I tried moving to
a shaded area, the display would then say "125" but still not fire. Upon
checking the troubleshooting section of my manual, it states that "scene or
subject brightness is beyond the camera's metering range" ???? I was using
200ASA film, a 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 with the camera set on "program".  Could it
have been the brides white dress causing this?  I have taken several
photographs with this camera and lens and never had such a problem.  Sure
makes you appreciate the simple things in life (the AE1P)! Any thoughts or
suggestions? Do I need to have my camera checked? Are the photos from my AE1
going to be blown out? (also had it on "program") Thanks in advance for any
help!!

Angi Turnpaugh