Re: OOPS! Fuji Provia discontinued?

In a message dated 9/18/02 2:56:32, nazca@cdo.weblinq.com writes:

<< I just received information from a local photo store here that Fuji Provia
is no longer being produced. Is this true? I can't find, yet, a news
article about this allegation, but I saw this list of Fuji slide films,
which excludes Provia: >>

Elson,

Provia is listed in the Pro film section:
http://www.fujifilm.com/JSP/fuji/epartners/Products.jsp?nav=1&parent=PRODUCT_C

ATEGORY_238617&product=2302805

I can't answer the question of whether or not it is to be discontinued, but
its listing on the Fujifilm site seems to indicate it is still in production.
 It's possible that your local photo store is no longer carrying it for some
reason.

Cheers,

Rich Mason
Photographer-at-Large