National Photography Competition

ALLIGATOR JUNIPERıS NATIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY CONTEST
$500 Prize for First Place Winner
Postmark Deadline: November 1, 2002

Alligator Juniper seeks quality black and white photography for its 8th
annual issue. $500 prize for one winner; other winners selected for
publication are paid in copies. The magazine features contemporary fiction,
creative nonfiction, poetry and photography, and was recently awarded the
AWP Directorsı Prize for Undergraduate Literary Magazines.

Guest Judge for this year's contest is Terri Warpinski of the University of
Oregon. Contest coordinators are students and faculty in the Visual Arts at
Prescott College.

GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION

*    Photographs must be black and white, unmounted, not exceeding 11 x 14
inches.
*    Labeling should be placed on the back of each photograph, including
your name, address, phone #, title of photograph, date made, and indication
of top. Those submitting digital images must also submit a digital file on
CD, in TIF format, no larger than 100mb.
*    Include a brief artistıs statement, one that could be excerpted in the
credits of Alligator Juniper, should your images be selected.
*    Appropriate packaging and return postage should be included for return
of your photo(s). Entries without return postage will be discarded after
judging.
*    Include entry fees as follows: $15 for one to five prints; $25 for six
to ten prints. Ten print maximum. Make checks payable to Alligator Juniper.
*    Payment of fee does not guarantee that any photographs will be
published; payment does guarantee that all entrants receive a copy of the
2002 issue, next summer.
*    Prescott College reserves the right to publish winning images in any
college publication.
*    While we handle all entries with care, we cannot take responsibility
for damage that may occur to submissions.
*    No slides accepted.
*    Postmark Deadline: November 1, 2002. Entries postmarked after that date
are returned unopened. We return entries with response in December/January,
and go to press in late spring. Winning photos will be returned during the
summer of 2003.
*    Send to: Alligator Juniper Photo Contest, Prescott College, 301 Grove
Ave.
Prescott AZ 86301

Issue comes out in Summer, 2003. All entrants receive one copy. Back issues
are available for all but the premiere issue (1995). Send $7.50 to above
address and request a copy from any year, 1996 through 2002. Specify if you
wish to receive the award-winning issue, which came out in 2000. If you
donıt specify, we will send you any past issue. There was no issue in 2001,
as the magazine was experiencing funding and staffing shortages.

Questions? Feedback? Please email us aj@prescott.edu
http://www.prescott.edu/highlights/ajguide.html