Re: OT: Laptop for graphic design

>I'm looking for a laptop computer for graphic design, one with excellent
>color monitor, and which can run both Mac and Windows (if this is
>possible). I will use the computer for Photoshop, Dreamweaver and similar
>programs. For movies, too. Any suggestions?
>
>Elson
>--
>Nazca Graphic Design & Photography
>http://cdo.weblinq.com/~nazca/
>
>Keramos Pottery
>http://cdo.weblinq.com/~nazca/keramos/

Had a Mac G3 with 14" screen - it worked well. It was replaced with a
12" screen Mac I-book (not my choice) and it's too small for any
useful graphic work. Runs DVD movies nicely though. A Mac can run
Windows under a program like Virtual PC (I could claim that it's more
stable than Windows on a PC but Karl would hurt me if I did) but an
Intel based machine can't return the favour. Many programs are cross
platform now (and viruses as I now know!) so that helps.
Your main problem is that manipulating photographic images on a
laptop is hopeless as the angle of the screen relative to your eye
plays havoc with the gamma (tilt the screen at a slightly different
angle or move your head and....) - I went back to a regular monitor.
The multimedia geek at work uses a 14" Mac Titanium, but he lives in
a low res. world and doesn't even know what a film scanner is for, so
if it's just for web page assembly, no problem.
AndrewF