Re: Gallery Impressions on 13 August 2002

In a message dated 8/14/2002 11:24:50 AM Central Daylight Time, Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca writes:

Jimmy Harris (Wood Tick) - When I saw this I though 'Man that guys got it made. He's got access to an electron scanning microscope and he a helicopter pilot too!' Then I wasn't sure if you are a helicopter pilot so I went to the self portrait gallery and noticed 3 new submission. Then I had to take a look at them and then I had to check out 'Angel Flight', wonder about Daves crest on his hat and marvel at Rob's tattoo before getting back to the tick (also the name of one of the best cartoons on T.V.) So, good DOF. Interesting lighting but the focus is a bit soft.

THanks GREG,

No one ever commented -so I never elaborated!

HA-!!  This Self-Portrait Photo is a Hoax!

The Photo is Real & the description is accurate - but I was flying LifeFlite as a Passenger - not the Pilot.  The Photo is reversed (check the Men's shirt button policy of left over right).  This is the first 'and only' time I have ever been in a helicopter.  I was a Medical Photographer on a Photo assignment to shoot 'the Texas Medical Center' - from the air.  Glad I shot this before we took off -because later- my entire face was Green.

jIMMY

PS  The photo of the 'tick' is entirely Real!  That's My Flesh -hanging outta his Proboscis-!