Re: A radio talk show interview

At 04:37 06.08.02 -0400, you wrote:
>The following is a transcript of a radio talk show interview.
>
>I'm a travel photographer who has just written a couple of books:  a global
>adventure/love story and an armchair traveler's book of anecdotes..
>
>Glen Allison
>-----------------------------------

Glen,

Reading through two or three Q/A-s of the interview, I launched a Google
search to look at Your work.
This time I had to happily recognize -- Yes! I've seen them before. Camels
and sunsets and onion-shaped elements of architecture -- I'd even
bookmarked that page. Memory sometimes lets us down.

But there's another thing I actually wanted to speak about. Although I
shoot pictures to use them sometimes for my work (books of the Reserve area
I work for, broshures etc.) and even work for one stock agency (the stage
of first sales ;o), I do part of my earnings translating books from English
into Estonian. I've translated nature books by John Downer and John Sparks
from the BBC, part of a travel book by Jonathan Raban, a travel book by
Pete McCarthy and working on a book by Jeffrey Masson ("When Elephants Wheep").

Reading about Your books makes me excited -- as I am slightly a
photographer myself, it surely would be of great pleasure to translate Your
books into Estonian, although I've never seen them and I can't tell, what
my publishers think. Yet they always seek for new fresh exciting material
and according to Your interview that's just the stuff!

Without knowing or promising anything, I simply ask (from this awkward
blind position) if You would ever be interested in such proposal?

Looking forward for Your reply,

Sincerely,

Peeter Vissak
Matsalu Nature Reserve