Re:Re: GALLERY

> > Nah, he never makes a mistake.
> >His parents did once though ...
>
>You see, Colette, I was right. Someone on the list has given an >excellent example for me to follow. Qkano shows the way.

   Colette gave you the excellent example, BB. You're just trying
to validate your meanness externally. The point is that you came
down too hard on whomever sent the attachment,. period. Just
reminding them that it was a no-no was the appropriate response.
All of this verbiage about trying to right your wrong has nothing
to do with photography and only serves to reduce the quality of this
list. Take your lumps, realize you overdid it, and go  back to torturing
small animals. Oops, just kidding. Get Greggie to subscribe you to
SinberianTramps.com or whatever it was. Might help. :)

>Sorry Steve, I now know (thanks to Qkano) that I should have added >something like:
>
>"Yo mama!"

  ...and the horse she rode in on....

               --- Luis
to denigrate your parentage.
Steve, not sending attachments to a mailing list is not specific to this list. While there are a very few lists that do allow attachments, it's still almost universal that one simply does not do this. It has been so since the beginning of mailing lists. Almost all lists have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) where an admonition is given not to add attachments to your mail. Others give this instruction in an initial welcome message. When you signed on to this list you received a "Welcome Message". It contained guidelines. I assume the writer put a lot of thought into the Welcome Message and expected you to read it rather than simply dismiss him or her. If you dumped this message as a matter of course, then you can read it here:

ftp://vmsftp.rit.edu/pub/ritphoto/photoforum/welcome

I quote from the GUIDELINES contained therein:

"5. Please, please DO NOT EVER send image files or other attachments to the list. Also, please take the trouble to trim quoted material to pertinent points and send messages only in plain text - do not use HTML format for messages sent to the list."

Regards,
Bob...