Re: Gallery Impressions (a week late)

Gregory Fraser wrote:

> I like the new image better. I find the floor no longer bothers me but
> reversing the image bothers me since I first saw Bangday facing the other
> way. In reality its fine like it is but its amazing how you get used to it
> one way and when its reversed, its like a cover of a song you really like.

It's good you've made that kind of comment. Two people so far like it flipped.
You are the first who said you don't. I've been looking at this photo for
years, and have gotten used also to the original version. My anthropologist
adviser wouldn't want it flipped. I suspect any anthropologist wouldn't want
to mess so much with it. Part of me is science, part artistic, and I debate
with myself and my colleagues. One of my friends like the large floor; it
leads to the outside, she said. I wonder how National Geographic would treat
photos like this. Has NG ever flipped any photo?

The outside scene here is greener, richer. I used Photoshop. This is how it
looked like in my memory, but the limitation of the camera "overexposed" it.
With Photoshop, I am able to take back what I lost years ago. This is what it
was, and it is most real to me, but I used a modern tool to put it back. What
a great instrument, this computer, this Photoshop.

Elson