Re: PF exhibits on 06-JUL-02

Gregory writes:

>John Mason (A TOADS on Main Street (A very graphic
>image. Aside from the vibrant sky, the monochrome
>buildings with their many angles and that
>fabulous reverse angle light standard are punctuated
>by a patch of intense green weeds, a rusty red sign
>and orange lane stripes. To me a very effective use
of
>color and composition. Yay.

Wow.  Thanks much, Gregory.  I liked this pic, but
wasn't sure anyone would agree.

Some of you might have noticed that this is the first
gallery pic I've submitted wasn't about music and
musicians.

In this photo (one of a series), I'm trying to find a
way into another of my obsessions, which I've only
recently learned has a name--temporary, obsolete,
abandoned, or derelict sites (TOADS).  I'm also
consciously playing with form/color/texture for the
first time since picking up a camera again, three
years ago, after a 20 year hiatus.  Funny... Most of
the stuff I've been looking at recently (Evans,
Callahan) is B&W.  The exception in Eggleston.

--John (middle-aged dog trying to learn new tricks)

=====
J. Mason, Charlottesville, Virginia
New Pics, Greg Howard Band at Starr Hill Music Hall:
http://www.greghoward.com/sights/stills/starrhill/