Re: film development info - input please!

Karen Powell wrote:

> I am interested in knowing if any of you use developing labs where you mail
> off your film to have your pictures made - Since I live in a rural area, I
> usually use Walmart and I would like to see if I get better quality
> elsewhere - Looking for recommendations here!!!!
> Thanks,
> Karen

For everyday stuff, snapshots and general film processing, there's not much
wrong with Wal-Mart.  Reproductions are a mess though because they mount your
negs in special, gummy sleeves to pass through their machines.  I've had
multiple rolls come back all mixed together.  Very frustrating.

For quality repro work, try the place in Denver that advertises in the common
photo mags, I think it's called the Slide something or other.  I've heard good
things about them.

You could also contact local photogs in the yellow pages and ask them where
they send their stuff.  I one of them does their own printing in house, see if
you could have them do some of yours or learn to use their machines and
arrange to do it yourself when it's convenient to their schedule.

Peace!
Sidney

--
God said, Let there be light!
Divine Light: Photography by Rev. Sidney Flack