Re: dead photographers [ was American Masters Stamps ]

someone wrote:

>much as I admire Ernst Haas' work, the fundamental flaw with looking at the
>work of dead photographers, is that they are dead, gone, cablooie, and in
>many cases have been superceded by living photographer ...............

 What fundamental flaw do you perceive only  when you look at the work of a
dead photographer? Other than the obvious ramifications for the
photographer in question, I can't visualize image changes that might take
place upon the death of  that  photographer nor do I understand how that
photographer can be "superceded" upon her death.

>Just because a photographer is dead, doesn't make him/ her a master.

Indeed. But I've not noted any claims to the contrary.

Dave
East Englewood
There is only one industry in the world that takes as its point of
departure the supposition  that all people are thieves - the record
industry. That is the only explanation for the fact that this industry
decided to scratch every CD it manufactures, as a means against theft.
    - Yuval Dror